Real Motion believes sports massage is an integral part of the recovery process. Therefore, using it alongside joint mobilisations, and the prescription of rehabilitation and functional exercise ensures a holistic approach to recovery. As a result this gives the best chance of a full return to optimal functional fitness.
Sports massage is a fantastic stand alone treatment for injury free patients who regularly train for sports or workout in the gym. Therefore, a regular sports massage can help identify any niggles that may be forming and rectify them before they develop into an injury. A massage treatment should be a part of any active patients training plan, ideal as a rest day treat!
Sports massage has many known benefits:
- Increased muscle blood flow.
- Raised muscle temperature.
- Increased lymph flow and removal of toxins from the muscles.
- Breaks down adhesions and scar tissue which build up over time causing tension.
- Relieves muscular pain.
- Prepares for a competition or race physiologically and psychologically.
- Positive sense of well-being, relaxation and lowered stress levels.
- Improved sleep patterns.
- Heightened body awareness of how muscles should feel – not how we have got used to them feeling!
So, what are you waiting for?
Book in today for a sports massage and ease those aches and pains!